How to install Ractive Pedals

Quigz

:
'03 Protege 5
Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced difficulty installing Ractive Sport Pedals on their car.

The instructions that were included on the box are incomplete and I can't seem to figure out how the parts go together for installing the gas pedal (Automatic Pedal kit). I attached a picture of the parts.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Attachments

• Ractive Gas Pedal Parts.jpg
    Ractive Gas Pedal Parts.jpg
    767.4 KB · Views: 325
I don't know if this will make any sense, but.......

Use a screw to attach the silver thing with 2 holes and the T part to the black base. Then use another screw to attach the band with all the slots. Then wrap that band around the back and around the stock pedal on your car and latch the slots on to the T part. Once that base is on tight you simply screw the new pedal onto it. And I think you put the foam bewteen the stock pedal and the base.

I did this on my old civic. And took it off pretty quickly. Its not smart to attach something so flimsy to the accerlator or brake. If you want cooler looking pedals, then drill holes in the stock pedal and simply bolt on the new one.

Hope that helps.

Yes, I think you're right. The flimsy strap is not enough to hold the overlay onto the stock pedal. I was hoping to avoid having to drill holes into my pedals, but looks like that is gonna be the best option.

Thanks for the advice!

Quigz said:
Yes, I think you're right. The flimsy strap is not enough to hold the overlay onto the stock pedal. I was hoping to avoid having to drill holes into my pedals, but looks like that is gonna be the best option.

Thanks for the advice!
I went the same route. I drilled two holes in each pedal and screwed on the new pads.

Back